|Introduction to Accounting:
Course Description for Introduction to Accounting:
- Understand how accounting relates to the business environment.
- Understand how to use the accounting equation to analyze business transactions.
- Understand how to evaluate the performance of a business.
Topics and Lessons for Introduction to Accounting:
- Chapter 1- The background to accounting
- Chapter 2- Recording financial transactions
- Chapter 3- Applying controls and concepts to financial information
- Chapter 4- The profit and loss account and balance sheet
- Chapter 5- A further look at assets and liabilities
- Chapter 7- Accounting and financing of multi-owner organizations
- Chapter 12- An introduction to management accounting
- Chapter 14- Product Cost
- hapter 16- Budgeting
- Chapter 17- Investment Appraisal
Objectives for Introduction to Accounting:
- Making of profit
- Creation of wealth, Achievement of charitable aims
- Maximise spending on activities, Provision of local services.